nday, June 13, 2011
Call For Submissions: New Writers
Call for Submissions
I want newbies, youngbloods, fresh meat, green around the gills
I am looking to put together another mini anthology. But this time, I want the writers that no one has had a taste of yet. Virgin blood. So you may submit to this anthology only IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN PAID FOR YOUR WORK.
What does that mean? Money! Have you ever received money for your work? If yes, then no matter how laughably tiny the amount, that means you may not submit. And PLEASE no fake pen names pretending to be newbies. I’m holding the established writers on their honor.
(Update: due to a flood of quesitons, here is the update~ money equals money. If you’ve won a contest, does not count. If you’ve been paid to insert a link into your blog, does not count. Has someone paid you X amount of dollars or cents for your words? Then that DOES count. As for “What if I have not been paid when I sub but get paid while you have my work?” Well…if you have not been paid when you send your submission to me, then you can go ahead and hit send. No one can control the future, not even me. No matter how hard I try…so if you fit in that niche, send away.)
So what next?
Dirty stories from 2,500 and up (nothing over say 5K please) are eligible. Topics are open except the standard no-no’s. Which I will spell out since you are new.
~~~~>No sex with the underaged (under 18), animals (shifters don’t count), dead things or people (barring undead supernatural creatures). No scat. No snuff.
FORMAT: double spaced, Times New Roman, 12 point, set at .5 indentation for first line of the paragraph only. PLEASE DO NOT USE HARD TABS.
*If you do not format correctly, I will skip reading your entry no matter how good it is. Why? Because I’m super busy and if you sub to a publication, you need to follow the rules. Capiche?
Here’s the most important part: PLEASE POLISH YOUR WORK. Read it, put it away. Read it again and put it away. Then read it out loud to yourself. Seriously. Your ear will hear your errors. Do I expect it to be perfect? No, said the woman who once put “He stroked her cheese” instead of “He stroked her cheek.” I do not. But I do expect you to make it as close to perfect as you can.
DEADLINE: August 31, 2011. Release date is up in the air. If that bothers you, don’t sub. This (as of right now) will be an ebook put out by my little press December Ink.
THE FINE PRINT:
I’ll be using 10 stories max. December Ink takes 25% of the cut, the remaining 75% is split evenly among the ten contributors and each will receive an ebook copy (print too if it ever goes to that). You could make a bunch of money. You could make hardly a thing. I ask for 3 months exclusivity and then you are free to go ahead and sell your work elsewhere.
Your work stays in the book as long as it’s for sale, and that means you receive royalties as long as it’s for sale.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org marked SUBMISSION: [YOUR TITLE] BY [YOUR AUTHOR NAME]
In your email please put:
Your pen name
Your mailing address
your contact email
A short bio
Good luck! Any questions can be sent to the same email addy. 🙂
What do you think about this? I might not even get picked. Its from Sommer Marsden. I love her stuff. I highly recommend Schooling. In fact, I reviewed it for Night Owl Reviews. My inspiration for this one is Jon Bon Jovi. Just saying…